Monday, June 29, 2009

Prayers Please!

I went to the Dr. last Thursday for the routine anemia and diabetes test. The nurse said that no news is good news so when I saw Dr. Burley's name on my caller ID this morning, I knew something was up. She informed me that I am anemic and need to start an iron supplement. Not a big deal. I've done this before. She also told me that my levels for the dibetes test came back high and needed to be tested further. What?! I have to drink that nasty drink again and have my blood tested every hour for 3 hours after drinking it. AND I'm supposed to fast before that!! As much fun as it sounds, I would rather pass, thank you very much! But I guess I have no choice, so please pray that this test will be "normal" and that I do not have gestational diabetes. And if I do have it, please pray that it can be controlled with diet and excercise. I know there are worse things that could happen in pregnancies so I am thankful that is has been uneventful this far. On the flip side, I just want a healthy baby, so it's hard not to worry! I am going in either Tuesday or Wednesday morning so hopefully we should know something soon!

3 comments:

  1. you've got my prayers! been there, done that, on both accounts:) anemia this time around and full-fledged gestational diabetes with maryn. she was a perfectly healthy little baby though, and continues to be. you don't have anything to worry about, except that it is just plain no fun to have to control with diet. however- no problem in comparison to that sweet face you will meet in late september!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cayce-That is so true! I almost called you today to get every detail but I thought I would wait until I knew for sure. No sense panicing at this point! You'll have to give me pointers on what I can and can't eat. I probably won't be happy about it though!! I pretty much LIVE on carbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for you my friend! That test sounds like no fun, but I know that God has you and sweet baby Noble wrapped in his loving arms!!

    ReplyDelete