Friday, June 5, 2009

Ahhhh....summer!

Have I mentioned that I LOVE summer?! The best part is not having to wake up early and be somewhere by 8am! Although, my kids are still in school mode and waking up at 7. We are working on that one!! I have already learned this summer that I must have constant entertainment planned for Paycos and Kyler. If not, by 7:45 the fighting has begun!! I have not made ANY plans for all summer (except swimming lessons) and now I'm realizing that might have been a mistake! I had this wonderful vision of lounging in our pool all day, every day, and everyone getting along. Yea right! They want more! So we have been to the Science Spectrum, park, Dairy Queen with the outdoor playground, gone fishing, read books, played with friends, etc. etc. so that we are NEVER bored!! We have really enjoyed every second of it though. And by the end of the day, we are all exhausted! Luckily, there are also a lot of activities going on at the libraries and parks and most of them are free! So we will definitely be attending many of those.
Both of the kids spent the night with my mom last night and it was awesome!! They swam and played in the mud, I got to shop and get a pedicure, and Justin played golf!! Everyone wins when they stay with grandparents! Tomorrow is another busy day! Paycos has a baseball game at 8 in the morning (what the heck were they thinking when they made that schedule?!?) Hopefully, that will be followed by lunch and a NAP, then we head off to Marilyn and Zane's (Justin's parents) for a family reunion! They have a pool and a big water slide so we are looking forward to it!! So that is how we have spent our first week of summer and so far so good! And just for fun, here are some pictures of Kyler!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are staying busy. I know the feeling of keeping the kids busy so they won't fight. Kyler looks so cute in those pics. Have a great time at your reunion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the blog world!!! so glad i can be up to date with ya'll and especially this new baby on the way!! congrats and i hope everything is going really good!!!

    ReplyDelete