Saturday, June 13, 2009

Another busy week!

Well, we are still enjoying summer! Staying busy, but having fun! The great part is that the kids are so tired by lunch time that we ALL get to have a nap!! I had an ultrasound on Tuesday and Justin had to work so I had to go by myself. It was unfortunate for two reasons: 1. He didn't get to see that cute baby squirming around in there and 2. It was REALLY hard for me to not secretly find out what the sex is!!! It was very tempting to just tell the nurse to take a look, but I have too much of a guilty conscience. Actually, she went by that "area" once and I thought I saw a boy thing. I was excited until that darn guilt kicked in and I felt awful even though it was truly an accident. Then, she went back by the "area" and it looked like a girl thing! So now I can honestly say that I really don't know! I thought I was pretty good at figuring out what everything is on ultrasounds, but apparently I'm not that good. I do feel relieved that I didn't see anything promising because it will be an awesome surprise on the birthday. (I am still thinking that it's a boy though! I have absolutely nothing to base that on but mother's intuition I guess!! I am in for a HUGE surprise if it's a girl because from day one I have been convinced it's a boy!) From here on out, I will schedule my appointments on the days Justin is off so I will not even be tempted to look! The baby is still measuring to be a week ahead and Paycos and Kyler were larger than average babies so Dr. Burley told me that she will induce me up to 10 days early. Yay!

On another baby note, Justin's brother Branum and his wife Cayce had their baby! His name is Barret Zane and he was 8 lbs 14 oz. He wasn't due until the 18th but when she went in for monitoring on Thursday, her blood pressure was high and they bumped up her c-section to 6 that night! He was a big boy but had to go to NICU for some breathing problems. Apparently he took a big breath right away which caused his lungs to collapse. The nurses said this sometimes happens with large cesarean babies. But he is back with mom and dad (and big sister Maryn) today and doing great! I got to see him in the nursery after he was born but I can't wait to hold him!!

I guess I should be doing something productive right now since everyone is quietly napping! We went to a birthday party this morning at 11. It was a swimming party and they were both worn out by the time we got home. We have another b-day party at 4:30 and then we head to the end of season party for Paycos' baseball team at 6. Busy busy busy!

3 comments:

  1. You are so strong! I would have been begging that nurse to tell me. It will be such a wonderful surprise, though!! You guys have been very busy. I am glad that you get to rest while the kids are napping. Congratulations on the birth of your new nephew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Aunt and Uncle!!! I can't believe you didn't find out, you are stronger than I am! But what an awesome surprise it will be!!! I hope you're feeling good!!! We need to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. quit blogging. justin

    ReplyDelete