Thursday, July 2, 2009

Yippee

Well good news! I went on Tuesday to do the testing again for gestational diabetes. After 3 hours and 4 blood draws, the test came back normal!!! Thank goodness!!! I feel very relieved! I asked the nurse why the levels would have been elevated the first time and she said they prefer that you don't eat or drink anything sugary right before the test. I had eaten lunch and drank a Dr. Pepper right before I drank the Glucola drink. It would have been GREAT if they would have told me that ahead of time!!! My paper with the instructions said that I could eat normally before the test but not to eat or drink anything after drinking the Glucola. So, anyhoo, I am very thankful that the results were good.

Our summer seems to be flying by so quickly! I can't believe it's July already! We have been staying busy but with fun activities. Justin is going camping in Colorado so it will be just the kids and me for a few days! Then, we are going to meet him in Santa Fe and he's going to take Paycos back to the mountains with him so they can have some "guy camping" time! Paycos is excited!! I'm excited too about spending some "girl" time with Kyler! It will be fun for all!!

4 comments:

  1. I miss you! Can't wait to hang out again...thanks for the update on the glucose test! LOVE your blog...you have to give me some tips when I get back...=) miss you!
    melisse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Glad to hear you have been having a good summer---I'm trying to get caught up on all my blog peeps! So happy that everything turned out okay---they definitely should have told you about fasting and saved you all the worry!:)

    ReplyDelete