Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our first week of swimming lessons ended today. They have one more week and then we are done for the summer! Paycos is doing awesome! He can swim, he justs panics in the deep end if he can't touch the bottom and resorts to doggie paddling. He is learning how to keep swimming while coming up for a breath and not having to depend on touching! He has really shown so much improvement in 4 days! Today was "parent watch day" (they encourage us to leave everyday so that the kids are not distracted) and OF COURSE I forgot my camera! Anyway, Paycos was doing great but I was mortified by the way Kyler acted! First of all, the water is very chilly and the lessons are at 10:15 am. Kyler pretty much shuts down when she's cold! (she gets it from me!) So she refused to do anything they were telling her to do. When the teacher got out of the water to go get her, she ran off screaming! I was a little embarassed at that point so I went over and told her that if she did not cooperate, she didn't her special treat after the lesson! With that on the line, I guess she decided she better do what she was supposed to and she started participating. But every few minutes, she would start to get whiney again. As soon as she would spot me in the crowd though, she instantly started smiling sweetly and following directions!! It was hilarious!! I wish I would have been videotaping it! So she did get the Lifesaver gummies in the end but I made sure she knew that if that happened again, there would be no special treat for her! Luckily all the girls that teach are super sweet and do their very best to keep her happy and having fun. As soon as she gets used to the water, she has a blast and is always ready to go back!
After lessons, we grabbed lunch and met my friend Mistie and her two kids at the library for a magic show! I thought it might be lame but it turned out to actually be good! The kids loved it and were very intrigued. At one point, he turned a hankerchief into some doves, then turned the doves into a poodle! Kyler was MESMERIZED by that! Then we met back at our house to swim and everyone had a good time. I think we started swimming around 2:00 and didn't get out until 5:30! By the end of the day, Kyler was going completely under water, holding her breath, moving her arms and kicking her feet! She was so proud!! She was actually swimming and getting somewhere!! Major improvement for the girl who would hardly put her face in the water! They were exhausted after a long and busy day, so it was dinner, bath, book and bed by 7:30!! Which gives mommy some lovely quiet time!!!! I LOVE SUMMER!!!

My little fishies after a fun day:

No comments:

Post a Comment