Thursday, March 4, 2010

Big questions for a little girl

Conversation with my 4 year old while driving in the car:

K: How do we get to heaven?
me: Umm...well...hmmm.....actually....um....we go to Heaven when God is ready for us!
K: But HOW do we get to Heaven?
me: Well...umm...the angels take us
K: How?
me: They fly down and pick us up
K: How?
me: I guess they carry us in their arms or maybe we ride on their backs?!
K: I'm scared
me: Why?
K: What if they drop me?
me: They won't
LONG PAUSE.............
K: (Teary voice) Will you miss me?
me: What?
K: Will you miss me when I'm in Heaven?
me: I'll be in Heaven with you!!
K: Oh!
LONG PAUSE.............
K: What about our house?
me: What about it?
K: Will someone live there when we go to Heaven?
me: Yes-we won't need it anymore. We'll have our own house in Heaven.
LONG PAUSE..............
K: I'm gonna be a Cheerleader when I grow up!!!!
me: That sounds GREAT!!!!!!

Phew!!! I was glad to be done with that conversation!! That girl can ask some hard questions!!! She always catches me off guard and I'm never really sure what to say!!!! She has had A LOT of questions lately about dying and Heaven although I'm not sure why. Just curious I guess! I wish I could have better answers for her!

2 comments:

  1. Kylie went through the same thing. I bought a few books from Mardel's that explained it a lot better than I could. Marleigh hasn't started asking yet, but I know it's coming! So sweet to see it through Kyler's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it hard trying to explain something they can't "see" or "get" or understand just yet. At least she's interested and asking though! John thinks God lives in outer space! I think you did a good job =)

    ReplyDelete