Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Weekend

Last weekend we were blessed with great weather which made me want to set the little pool up. I am excited that we won't have to pack up everyday and pay to go to another pool. Not to mention this baby has made me explode in every direction and I really have no desire for ANYONE to see me in a swimsuit! So we decided to put up the pool on Monday. Of course Justin had to prepare the yard and he had the perfect helper!















So with that being done, the fun part began. Kyler entertained herself by playing in the sand that had spilled out of our sandbox (which was great because it kept her quiet and occupied!) and Paycos helped us spread it out and get it in place!








The kids were still in their PJ's. Big Z gave Paycos that shirt he is wearing and he thought it was pretty cool. He refused to take it off and Kyler, wanting to copy everything brother does, decided she would leave her jammies on too! Then they had to try it out as it was filling up!







Since the water was FREEZING, I told them they could only get their feet wet. That lasted about 7 and a half seconds before they were completely soaked head to toe! I don't know why I even wasted my breath! I knew it would happen!! They had a BLAST though and that's all that matters. We have a solar cover on it now, hoping that will warm it up quick because the kids can't wait to get in again! It is 30 inches deep which is the perfect depth for them. It's shallow enough that they can both touch but deep enough that Justin and I can get in too!! We really had a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Kristin! I love your blog!!! I am so glad you decided to join us in the bloggin' world. This background is super adorable! I am going right now to put you on my fabulous bloggin friends list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. If you need any help figuring anything out just give me a call! I would love to share blog secrets with ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog world Kristin! I love your cute background!!! Looks like ya'll had a great Memorial Day weekend! Happy Summer!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanted to tell you that I have done all of my headers on an almost free website called www.scrapblog.com. It is very user friendly and you can add pictures very easily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the advice Martha! I'll have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete